Friday, October 2, 2009

UPDATE FROM MEMPHIS--24 HOUR RUN NEWS

FROM GINA, FRIDAY AT 1:53 PM--

Hey there, it is a beautiful day in Memphis. Lovely, better than expected. Trav and I went out and set up the tent. We got a nice place right on the course so I will be able to access food, shoes, clothes and anything else I need rather quickly. While I did not want to add one more mile, the course from what I heard looks nice but there appears to be some incline to it. I will be whining about that around the 10th hour and, I'm sure, from then until 3 PM tomorrow. Memphis is on "slow time," as my granny would say, which means we are one hour behind you. Here shortly we will leave to set up my table and my own little aid station. The highlight for my aid will be nutter butters and sweet tea. I was all ready to open the nutter butters and begin fueling 4 hours early! Thanks for everyone's kind support and positive reinforcement leading up to today. I am good to go. Easy pace. I hopt to have 100 miles in by 1 PM tomorrow. The course record is 108 miles for female, but I am not going for that, believe it or not. I am just excited to be here and I will have plenty of time to think about the Vietnam trip and the many needs our global brother and sisters have. Can you imagine living in fear of your life because you are a Christian? Can you imagine not having the comforts of your church because you are a Christian? Those thoughts and many more will keep me putting one foot in front of the other. Forward motion and it is all good. Trav will email out an update or two. Take care my friends. I will be thinking of you and praying for you.
Happy Day--Gina

No comments: